Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

making things

ok Sir Nick have thought on this topic so I know what im doing this sat Big Grin

I'll keep it simple. The XP cost is a wealth check and 0-level discoveries are a 1 in the math. For example, your first 0-level discovery would have a DC 30 (1*1*30). That means you'll lose, at most, 2d6+1 wealth per discovery.

In worst case scenarios, the Congress can offer limited loans, but must be paid back at your next level.
I am not an early bird or a night owl. I am some form of permanently exhausted pigeon.

To clarify a couple of things:

Limited Loan: Bare minimum needed to safely satisfy the costs incurred to advance to your first new level of discovery. For example, if you are 3rd level and just got your first 2nd level discovery, but cannot cover the 2d6+1 cost, the Congress will loan you what you need to get you that first discovery (its for their benefit anyway) and leave you with a 0 wealth. You must pay back, or otherwise begin pay back, of the loan at your next level and no further loans can be made until the initial loan is paid in full.

Pooling Funds: As a whole, the team can pool wealth together to help pay for new discoveries in lieu of a loan. The wealth lose is divided evenly among all those pooling funds with remainders going against the Scientist. For example, a 2d6+1 roll yields a 13, if all 4 members pool funds, than everyone would take a 3 wealth lose and the Scientist would take an additional 1.
I am not an early bird or a night owl. I am some form of permanently exhausted pigeon.

ok dont worry ill just keep going in int. lvls

If you or anyone else has an alternative, I'm all ears.

At franks last sat we offered just adding wealth check of 20 for 5 days, 25 wc for 4 days, 30 wc for 3 days, 35 for 2 days,

with yours to make a 2nd discovery at lvl 2 would be 2x2x30 =wealth check 120 Big Grin

then if i wanted to do faster i would make 2nd wealth check at normal things Big Grin

Let me counter with this even easier solution:

1 Action Point per discovery. So your first discoveries will cost you 2 AP. Next level will cost you 6, then 2 points for most of your other levels.

You still have the wealth checks to speed things along, but they are the normal checks.

to be clear you mean 2 action points to make a lvl 1 item Big Grin  so if i make 3 lvl 1 discovery at lvl 1 would be 6 points
so to make a lvlv 2 item would be 2 ap and them when i can make 3 lvl discovery would be 6
and then all other levels would be only 2ap Big Grin

ok headed home ill ckeck in again in a.m.  Big Grin
we have fun night sat.

As temping as that may be for me, no, far more tame.

Each discovery is 1 AP. Since you get 2 discoveries at level 1, it'll cost you 2 AP. At 2nd level you get 6 new discoveries, so that'll be 6 AP. At 3rd lvl you only gain 2 more discoveries, so that'll be 2 AP. It goes on that like from there.