Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Considerations

I was talkin' to Frank about how I can get to/from Indiana now that I lack a car. I have to think on it, but it might not be possible for me to get there and back in a timely manner. The best we could work out was me taking a 10:50pm train from East Chicago, but it might be more trouble than its worth.

I'll have to think on it, but I'm trying to figure out the best way to get to/from there each weekend. If I cannot come up with anything viable. I might be forced to turn over Cal to Angel.

If anyone can help me with the pathing. I get monthly passes for Metra between Zones A and D and would have to pay for anything further then Zone D on any line. It appears the nearest Pace bus leaves downtown Hammond at 9:40pm, which rules them out.

The other option was taking the Metra from Hazel Crest, IL at 10:55pm, which would cost be half the cost of the South Shore, but still have to leave at 10:30 at the latest.

Ultimately, I need to get from Angels to Mount Prospect, IL.
They can take away my innocence, but they can't erase my pride

I suppose, too, an alternative would be something we've yet to perfect. Remote.

I'd be willing to buy a camera, most likely a Fujikam, that can pan and tilt remotely (w/ wireless and with night vision). Plus I have Skype for audio. We could slap the camera on top of the entertainment center and I can remotely move the camera to see and hear everything. I can get USB conference microphone, maybe a MXL AC404.

It's a larger upfront cost, but it would be the overall cost of a month of car rentals.

what happened to your car? did you get rid of it on purpose or did it break?

I had to let it go.

We could also use D20 Pro. I have a GM client, I think Angel does as well. I don't think it would take a lot of effort to get it going using the most basic functions of the program. In addition, each GM client comes with 4-5 floating licenses IIRC, which means it wouldn't cost you anything.

It doesn't always work perfectly but we have been using it for almost 4 years now. I think it would do well for what we need.

It's an option, but doesn't that require a healthy dose of prep-work on Angel's part to prepare and manage the maps? Granted, I'm basing this on over four year-old knowledge when we first tried it.

I'm more then happy to supply a laptop to use for the connection to nick each week Smile

also nick I don't no anything about bus or train etc but if any thing run s late that is with in 25 miles of angel's house I be more then happy to take you to that station etc.
other option I do have that truck that you can use to come down on weekends if you place to park it at home during the week you only have to pay for gas Smile you use

That is hugely generous.

ok Nick Frank is going to talk to you about the stop he will pick you up at Saturday Smile so we should all be there
May the games begin Smile

To get there. I'm looking at two routes.

1.) I take the 12:37pm from Mt Prospect and transfer to the 2:30p Metra. That will get me to Harvey at 3:06pm with a 2hr layover
2.) I take the 11:37am from Mt Prospect and transfer to the 1:35p South Shore. That will get me to East Chicago at 2:24pm with a 1hr layover.